Tuesday, April 24, 2012

:: On Not Being a Fraud :: And Beetroot ::


I am trying to blog. I am. I have several posts on the go. I have photos. I have the desire. I have recipes I want to post about. I just can't get it together at the moment. We are having a little upheaval here, with The Bowhunter changing jobs, and going into contracting, so extra things to think about. Being the school holidays too, I haven't had the small pockets of time like I've started having this year (with both kids in school on Monday's and half day Wednesday's), to get my head around it all. With the stress, the thinking and sorting and discussions, and the crappy sleep in the last few weeks or so, our health has gone down hill. So I find it hard to blog about eating nutritiously, when obviously I am not in good health, despite all the changes we are making to our eating habits. I find it hard to blog about not overscheduling our lives, when I feel rather overwhelmed at the moment. I want to blog about making the most of the produce we grow and the dreams I have for making the most of our backyard, when actually the whole place is covered in weeds and half-finished projects. And sometimes I just feel like a fraud. Who am I kidding? I don't know anything much about most of the stuff I blog about! But don't worry, I'll be back soon, writing more about stuff I don't know about! In the mean time, here are some photos of Chioggia beetroot and beetroot stems, or come to my Facebook page, I got all sorts of miscellaneous things going on there.